Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Best Natural Cures For Constipation Come From The Choice Of Food We Eat

Even though it is not something that a lot of people like to talk about, we all have to deal with constipation on occasion. As a child I was told that I had a problem with this, but I never felt any sort of pain. When I would get sick, someone would always inevitably ask me when was the last time I used the bathroom. At that time in my life it was only once every two or three days, and they were always concerned that something was wrong with me. One particular babysitter was very concerned about my problem even though it wasn?t bothering me. She often talked about natural cures for constipation to make things better for me.

My mother wasn?t concerned because she had talked to my doctor about it and he wasn?t concerned. As long as I was not in any sort of pain, or is not affecting my health, he saw nothing wrong with the frequency of my trips to the bathroom. He did however say that natural cures for constipation may help me become more regular as I got older. When you think of natural cures for constipation you may be thinking of some sort of medicine, but you should know that there are simpler ways to go about this.

Some of the best natural cures for constipation are things that you eat every day. In many cases, there are no medications needed. If you were to eat, for example, raisin bran on a daily basis, you will find that you are more regular thing you ever were before. Other natural cures for constipation might be eating prunes, though they are not very pleasant, or any other type of fruit that aids in digestion. You may also want to try cereals that are high in fiber each morning for breakfast.

For some people though, these natural cures for constipation don?t work. When you are constipated, there is not enough liquid in your system. You may want to concentrate on drinking more water, and staying away from foods that are known to cause constipation. If you have a thing for cheese, you may want to cut back on how much you eat. If you find that you are still having problems, you may want to talk to your doctor about other natural cures for constipation that you have not considered yet. If these don?t work, your doctor may have to give you a prescription or do some additional testing to find out what is going on with your body.
Ann Merier writes articles about and health issues. Article topics include diabetes,detox diet,yoga,pilates exercise Natural Cures For Constipation Articles on Health Care

Labels: , , ,